» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Hammie, Jamiepm, jimboy), 246 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,624
Posts1,341,343
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,833
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupé Related Chat
4 minutes ago
It's all do able and a great learning curve. I'm 58 and I tell every person working for or with me that "every day is a school day" I'm sure your uncle would love to pass on his skills to the next generation
5 65 Read More
General Chat
1 hour ago
I'm surprised more people haven't bitten. It's quite a divisive topic.

For example when does shabby become patina? Age, rarity, value?
4 213 Read More
Non-UK Events
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by slicer
Originally Posted by G_Man

As an aside we're missing out Francs apart from a couple of nights in Colmar as they're very restrictive. Cars registered before Jan 1997 are not eligible for an emissions sticker being too old and are subject to Stop n Scrap by the gendarmerie shocked

I am taking my 96 Coupe through France. Are you serious about the Stop & Scrap bit?

Michael, have a read of this, from the RAC

If you stay away from the zones indicated it appears you'll be ok - you too Alan...
512 82,299 Read More
Styling
3 hours ago
What about some photos of the rest of the car ?

I'm sure that it will look wonderful

Paul
14 2,056 Read More
UK Social Events
3 hours ago
Yeah go on then, if you let me know time and place I'll meet up and we can drive down together
2 212 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 21:45
Hi.

Been looking to buy a gtec 2 chip, does anyone know if there Still available?

Thanks
Stuart
0 102 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 17:40
Hi Mags,
the same thing has happened to me, twice. When i queried the problem of missing metal items in an envelope i found out and still find it quite unbelievable that the gpo can get away with removing the offending metal item, in their eyes, because it can damage the machinery that they use to sort the letters, and then resealing an empty envelope and sending it on it`s way without any explanation. l lost a turbo badge and a key on separate occasions, commiserations for your loss but if you have another sent by post probably a good idea to have it packed in a jiffy bag or a box.
190 23,810 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 13:31
Hello? can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt
5 1,146 Read More
Handling
Yesterday at 10:18
Just my 2 cents, if it helps with choice - don't buy Uniroyal Rainsport 5.

I have 20vt with non OE dimension 215/45 R17.

Previously I've run 2 sets of Rainsport 3, 1st was normal rating, the second XL rated (couldn't tell a difference); been pleased with both, not a "sport" tyre but decent handling, comfort and really sure-footed in the wet. Also used on another FWD car with 200bhp in OE size 225/40 R18, no complaints. Also, moderate wear on all 3 sets - don't do high mileage, so I'm ok with needing to replace tyres due to age (around 4y old) even if not worn completly (eg. to 3mm or less).
Last year, I've bought new model, Rainsport 5 (XL rated), but it's a total letdown, really squishy handling with plenty of understeer, it's still good in the wet but on dry road it just feels too soft.
4 503 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 08:32
I had anthracite turbine wheels on my Luna Pearl model.

Looked good when both were clean.
Try living with the existing wheels with regular quick cleaning ?

Best wishes

Paul
4 302 Read More
Non-UK Events
07/05/2024 15:09
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Blitz is registered as no. 90 and is attending alone, booked at Borgaro Torinese.

10 spaces left

Good to see that Nick still has the love, he used to go to SpaItalia in the good old days. The first time he drove over from Athens, later he had moved to Germany so not quite so far.

I've still got the Greek Coupe Club cap he gave me.
65 6,939 Read More
Non-UK Events
07/05/2024 12:17
Compare with this thread
1 146 Read More
News & Press
07/05/2024 12:14
My neighbour has sent me this link

https://youtu.be/acWCimXqXbk?si=uyckFtLGgfqFV58I

Paul L
0 118 Read More
Tuning
07/05/2024 08:09
You are correct in that you need a re-circ valve unless noise is more important to you than correct fuelling. A good option is Forge: https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Turbo_Recirculation_Valve--product--756.html No tuning required apart from selecting spring pressure related to max boost you are running.

Do a google search on "how do blow off valves work" its not a difficult subject to understand and by doing so you will answer all your questions
1 242 Read More
Coupés for Sale
06/05/2024 18:49
Afternoon all ....

Hope you're well

Unfortunately unplanned change at home means I've had to sell the fiat. I had bought it 2 and a half years ago from an original owner from new, also forum member. I'm the second owner and had planned to go through the fiat getting it absolutely perfect.

She's just had a visit with Joe fcss march/April to sort the belts, suspension aspects from MOT and brakes, see invoice on pictures for the work completed. Serviced with invoices.

Price: £3800
Engine and model: 2 litre 20 valve turbo
Mileage: 84,000
Body colour: wine red
Interior colour and material: tan leather
Manufactured in: 1998
# of previous owners: 1 (2 including me)
MOT / tax until: October 28th 2024

Known technical issues: drivers speaker not working l, occasional sticky speedo.

General condition in and out: bump, dent on rear bumper offside corner, scratch or rear offside quarter, dent on drivers door, a couple of areas of crackling of paint not hugely noticeable. Interior - dash has been sorted so no sticky dash. Original stereo with remote and original book and removal tools. Seats leather has faded and cracked and drivers seat has split on the stitching but solid. Rear benches in good condition although the leather is a little dry and could do with a moisturize. Two front tyres need changing and headlamps could do with a refurbishment, although I have gone over them to improve, everything else on the advisory list has been addressed or deemed not an issue on ramp inspection. (see invoice). Would also suggest new hose kit. Rear boot seal could do with replacing but not letting in water. Oil pressure 3bar not dropping much below 2.5 hot

Rust wise is very good, arches all clear underneath good there is a very slight bubbling in the rear light cup.

Factory standard apart from fcss belt pulley guard

Overall a low mileage, low owner car that mechanically is good just needs some love and care with the aesthetics. Happy to answer questions, comments and offers

0 132 Read More
Alarm and I.C.E
06/05/2024 17:03
That's great news that it works!

If I could offer some insight into resizing; it probably isn't something to be too concerned about. If you resize the CAD model then it may not print properly on another machine. There are loads of factors that affect the finished X,Y and Z dimensions that all come from inaccuracies in the machine, the software, setup and even the material used
22 4,546 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
05/05/2024 09:20
Originally Posted by skinflint
Hi Joe - That's about the only part that I've sold from the car but it is mostly complete.

The search continues wink
26 3,428 Read More
Coupé Spotting
05/05/2024 09:10
Originally Posted by Gripped
Saw a Porto blue coupe heading east on the M4 near Swansea this morning.

A chap called Rob owns a very tidy Porto that way, quite possibly his.
1,006 651,000 Read More
General Chat
03/05/2024 12:36
It is, naturally, illegal to wash one's car on the drive or street around here.

I foresee a short burst of 'ooh, there's a carwash, won't be a minute' on the way to Italy. Just like last time laugh
6 2,037 Read More
UK Social Events
03/05/2024 11:18
I'll be there as three generations of Burtys (son & grandson) ...but having just added an Alfa (Guilia Veloce) to the stable I'm attending with a different hat on. Will come over and admire the Coop selection.

Haven't broken the news to my 20VT yet so expecting a sad look on his face tomorrow morning and if the weather goes sour he'll blame my choice of car!
14 2,978 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
02/05/2024 20:42
1. Edinburgh - 1 key, 1 pin, yellow
2. szkom - 1 key, 1 pin, blue
3. montydog - 1 key, blue oblong
4. Jamiepm - 1 key, blue oblong
5. french_coupe - 2 key, 1 pin
6. PaulL - 1 red key, 1 red pin
7. Theresa - 2 keys, blue
8. FLPete - 1 red key, 1 blue oblong, 1 red pin
9. Echodelta - 1 blue oblong
10. Morrison - 2 keys, blue, 1 blue oblong
11. Sheepshead - 1 blue oblong
12. Kev - 1 blue key, 1 blue pin
Next. andrew20V - 2 keys oblong FIAT
14. RichG - 1 x blue key, 1 x blue oblong FIAT key
15. Burty - 1 x red keyring; 1 x red pin
16. Gryka - 1 x blue key, 1 x blue oblong
17. Rob40 - 2 key, 2 pin, red
18. Rosso - 1 key, 1 pin, yellow
21 3,275 Read More
Coupé Projects
02/05/2024 19:49
Just changed a cv boot today, a bit fiddly as I don’t have the kit for the hub nut and then appropriate torque wrench.

The circlip is somewhat fiddly but the joint came apart quite easy. I’ve fitted a cv boot kit bought from Alternative autos, so hopefully this lasts a while, as it seems good quality

A quick call to Joe for some advice on rear handbrake set up, so I’ll finish that job tomorrow if it’s not raining

Finally experimented with a product call Berryman B12, to see if I can degum the oil control rings. Anyway it’s a take the plugs out, get the pistons at an even height across all cylinders and pour the chemical in.

Anyway left it in for 4 or so hours and then siphoned it out of the cylinders, dropped the engine oil and filter

Refilled with fresh oil and apart from a bit of smoke at start up, all appears normal.

A Quick Look down the cylinders with my eBay bore scope and the pistons are shiny

My thoughts are linked to oil consumption when on track. Normal driving( even spirited) the car doesn’t use a drop but on a track day I can burn up to a litre of oil.

So I’ve given it a go to see if it does anything, good or bad as I’m back at the ring in early July

Cheers Jamie
179 20,882 Read More
Coupé Projects
02/05/2024 14:09
One of the fun things about living in Houston is that there is a LOT of money here.

My friend bought his client's vehicle over to show me last night. This is what happens when you throw several $100,000 at a Land Rover Defender 130.
6 278 Read More
UK Social Events
02/05/2024 11:30
Some of you might know that Liz has retired (finally) from the Drum and Monkey after being the landlady for 11yrs, Rachel, Nigel and their daughter are the new management now and being petrol heads themselves they're more than welcome to cater for car and bike meets.
If you're free to join us that BH Monday and you'd like to book in for lunch please contact them in the link below.

https://www.the-drum-and-monkey.co.uk/
6 2,249 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/05/2024 17:09
They actually had 27 coops from NL plus 3 from Germany - 30 for the 30th!

Fantastic effort.
2 485 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3